Sunday, April 29, 2012

One For All and All For One.

After watching how kids and adults use shopping carts at Malls, I wrote a poem and published.

http://jottify.com/works/shopping-carts/

A friend responded that many even ended up in rivers which was something I have not seen here, may be because of no rivers here or the flowing water streams are far far away from any big Malls.

That reminds me of an incident in which, a group of friend in an inebriated state threw a couple of metal camping chairs in to a lake, without even thinking of the consequences.

We were invited to a dinner party at a famous rowing club and after a couple of drinks everyone started boasting and the gang that I was leading was threatened to show that we were capable of doing what we had been telling them.

Immediately I took one of the chairs and hurled it in to the water. I turned back with an inflated ego and chest to face the opposing gang and then I heard the familiar and distinctive sound of metal chair hitting water and sinking. Then I saw my good friend was calmly wiping his palms and turning as if nothing happened.

That day we established the hierarchy of the pecking order well and it is still maintained the same even after three decades.

After the party one of the organizers confident to me that he could understand crockery and cutlery going missing after such a party as some take them as souvenirs but not metal camping chairs.

I was not sure whether he has seen what really happened that night and or to deploy a diver to recover it from the lake.

I am sure they must have rusted away by now in their final resting place at the bottom of the lake.

One For All & All For One.

Musketeers Forever.

No comments: